Instructions on Administering a Fleet Enema
Instructions on administering your
How to use:
- Remove orange protective shield from enema Comfortip® before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side
- movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving
- enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle
- completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip® from rectum and maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes)
Positions for using an enema:
Left-side position: Lie on left side with knees bent and arms resting comfortably
Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
- Single daily dosage: Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. Adults and children 12 years and over - one bottle
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes
- Carton sealed for safety.
- If seal with Fleet emblem on top or bottom flap is broken or missing, do not use.